Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Compliments

Over the past two days I have received several compliments. The compliments are not about my size (which I have gotten back down to my pre-children size), or my outfits, or my hair, or any other physical characteristic. It has been about my personality.

I know you are thinking, "What is the big deal with that?" Well, if you truly know me then unfortunately you know that I didn't always have the best personality. On any given day and for any given reason, I would just be a rude funk bucket. Well, no more. I find myself speaking to people everywhere I go, asking how they are doing and being an all around jovial individual.

The greatest compliment came Saturday while I was at the eye doctor's office. The technician told me that I was so happy and she wished that she could be like me. I was really touched by that compliment. I told her that I mediate on the words of Bishop Eddie Long, "Your yesterday didn't kill you so it couldn't have been that bad. Because you are still here today, you are more than a conqueror." Those words summarize my life over the past two years.

I look at things as the glass being 1/2 full as oppose to 1/2 empty. I am enjoying the emotionally healthy person that I have become.

No comments: