Thursday, August 21, 2008

Just Us



Well, all the furniture is in place and things are finally coming together in our new home. This is the first night the kids and I are here alone. Lewis left this morning and arrived safely in Atlanta.

The kids were awesome in the car during the long drive. The bulk of the driving was done at night to make it easier on them but both were real troopers. And despite the fact that I put a pull-up on NyCee during the few hours of daytime driving, she did not have any accidents. Of course mommy was smart enough to not load up her on apple juice either. She had a DVD player, books, crayons, dolls, and other things to entertain her. Ty just looked out of the window and smiled and laughed when he wasn't sleeping. All in all, the trip was smooth.

Once everything is in place and all cleaned up, I will publish pictures of our new home. My friend reminded me once again how awesome God is. I told her that I had to find places to put everything because I have so much stuff. She replied, "A few months ago you didn't have a pot to piss in or your own window to throw it out of. Now, you have more than enough." I concurred. My God is an awesome God who truly is more than enough.

No comments: