Saturday, August 30, 2008

Our Blessed Home

I have attempted for three days, unsuccessfully, to post a video of our home to share. I was not able to get the video to upload so here are a few photos. The apartment is very well lit and spacious. Due to the angle of the unit, I do not get direct sunlight, which is a good thing here in Phoenix, but it is enough illumination to satisfy me.

We have two balconies. One off the kids one and the other which can be accessed from my bedroom or the living room. The balcony is very spacious and will serve as a great play area for NyCee when it cools down in a few weeks.

I know that people are going to think to themselves, "Why didn't she pick up the toys and things before publishing these pictures?" I have two small kids so toys in the floor is a part of my daily life. We clean up the toys before bath time in the evening. Otherwise, I would be picking up toys all day long.






I love the fact that NyCee is getting the stability that she needs. For a two year old, she has had quite the tumultuous year with all the moving and other drama. She is so comfortable in our new home that she removed her dress in the living room and ran around with her little booty showing, singing, "Shake your booty. Shake your booty" when my friend was over the other night. She also exclaims, "Mommy we are at the new house" whenever we pull up to the apartment.

I must admit that I treated myself to a naked stroll the other night. After putting the kids to bed, I walked to the kitchen in my birthday suit, placed the trash in the garbage receptacle, threw up my hands and shouted, "Hallelujah Jesus!" After living with people for nearly a year and believing God for my own home in the place I want to live, be glad I didn't run around the apartment complex in my birthday suit shouting praises to God!

2 comments:

Danielle said...

It looks wonderful! I am so glad your family is finally getting settled in.

D.

Anonymous said...

LMAO....It's the little things that bring us joy. Good for you!