Friday, August 15, 2008

Going Home



Our furnishings arrived today and the car is all packed. We are ready to go home to Phoenix, AZ. That's right. We are going home.

The past year has been interesting to say the least. For the past 6 weeks, we have lived with my cousin Phebe in Georgia and NyCee has really developed and become independent. Thanks in part to a lot of things Phebe put in place to help her become that way. For example, a step stool in the bathroom so that she can wash her hands after going to the potty. (A very simple idea but one that I would not have thought of.)

Being in Atlanta, I was able to see friends and really take some time to pray about the direction for my life. My life, is in Phoenix. That is what is in my heart and that is my home. After speaking with Lewis about it, he agreed to help me drive home. So on Monday, he and I loaded all the furnishings onto the trailer and tonight we are headed west. He will stay for a week to help me get settled then he will return to his home in Atlanta.

After I made the decision to return to Phoenix, my cousin Phebe was offered a job by her former boss. That is really awesome as Phebe misses teaching. Plus, she will be teaching under the direction of her mentor. So the Thompsons and the Ashford-Jacksons are headed west. Phebe has to stay in Atlanta for about another month to tie up loose ends but we will be waiting for her in the valley of the sun.

We will do most of the driving at night to make it easier on Lewis and the children. NyCee has a new fascination with stopping in a potty every where we go. Lewis likes to drive for hours straight without stopping so I figure if we complete the bulk of the driving at night, both he and the children will be fine.

When I initially agreed to come to Atlanta to live with Phebe, I didn't understand why. Now I know this was a necessary part of my journey. I had loose ends to tie up so that I can move forward with my life.

Let the next chapter begin......

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

As I read this I sat here and cried. I will miss you, but I promise to visit. I love you and the kids so much. GOD BLESS YOU AND KEEP YOU.

Love Allie

Undomestic said...

Wow. I had no idea all this traveling was going on. I pray for safety for all of you and peace as you make all these important decisions for your family.