Sunday, November 05, 2006

Dayna "Rachael Ray, Jr" Thompson

The food network airs a program entitled "30 Minute Meals" with Rachael Ray. That means in the time it takes you to watch her program, she will have made a delicious and healthy meal from start to finish. Well, last night, I took a stab at making a 30 minute meal. Spaghetti and Meatballs, with salad and bread. Easy right? Sure. I looked up the recipe for meatballs and the spaghetti was easy. Unlike Rachael, I did not make my own sauce. That is why God invented Prego Jar Spaghetti Sauce.

Moving right along, I made the meatballs and popped them in the 450 degree pre-heated oven. I had my pasta pot boiling, sauce cooking in a another pan, I diced the tomatoes, eggs, and cucumbers, opened a bag of already cut romaine lettuce and within 20 minutes, my meal was half way done. I threw my pasta into the pot which was at a rapid boil and patted myself on the back. Well that pat was a little too soon. I forgot to put the cresent rolls in the oven and they take 19 minutes to cook. Fi-dinkle-doo!

Oh, well it was my first time making a 30 minute meal. My meal turned out to be 45 minutes, due to the cresent rolls, but it was quite tasty. Proud of myself I am!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

good job Rachel Jr.

Anonymous said...

Dayna:

I'm behind on reading the blogs. We have a new principal and she is about to drive me up a tree! Anyway I'm writing to respond to the blog from October 24th. Does Nycee take naps during the day? If so, how many, how long, what times? If she sleeps alot during the day, there is no way she will sleep at or through the night. Consider trying to establish a set nap time and a set bed time (preferably that is well before 11:00 p.m. and 12:00 a.m.). There is one trick you can use to help her sleep at night, a nice warm bath 15 minutes or so before bedtime generally helps. I want a response to my questions.

Love
Auntie Nita

Undomestic said...

you know you can buy premade frozen meatballs that only take a few minutes and taste really good!!!