Saturday, November 25, 2006

Finger Lickin' Good

I walked to the grocery market around the corner from our house today as it was a beautiful day. While there, I bought 1lb of chicken wings for Lewis, in addition to other items. After I paid for the items, they were too heavy for me to walk home with, so I called Lewis to come and pick me up. (Of course he made comments about how I should have driven to the store--but I wanted to walk and get a little exercise as I had been in jammies for nearly 5 days.)

When we returned home, I gave him the chicken and began putting away the groceries. I turned around to see NyCee holding a chicken wing--eating it. I was on the phone and said, "Why is my child eating a chicken wing?"
Better yet, why is her father letting her eat a chicken wing? She obviously enjoyed it as she was quiet the entire time it was in her hand or mouth. He followed the chicken wing with a cup of Hawaiian Punch. Why am I spending money on baby food? From the looks of things, she obviously enjoys regular food more.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that baby has gotten a "taste" of the good life. There is no turning back now.

Anonymous said...

Child please! Charmaine has been eating "people" food since she was three months old! Give the child a break and give her something good to eat sometime. And don't be worrying about her weight! She'll be alright!

Love,
Auntie Nita

Anonymous said...

Aunt Nita--
I will admit that I am worried that if I give NyCee table food she will love like one of the kids on Maury Povich. She eats the baby food but I could just a easily feed her from my plate and she is quite content.

We will see you in a couple of weeks as we will be in Michigan.