Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Progress Report

My Aunt Nita sent several suggestions to me regarding the, "Party over here" blog. In that blog, I spoke of how NyCee was up until 2:30a.m.one night. I am glad to report that was a single incident. But she was concerned that NyCee was not napping properly throughout the day and she does. She generally takes 2 or 3 naps, no longer than 1 1/2 hours at a time. I have no idea why she was up at that time of the night.

Sometimes I feel like a bad mother. In the blog, "Little Whitney" I teased her about liking her cold medicine a little too much. Well, as it turned out, she actually had a double ear infection which is why the cold medicine was nothing more than kool-aid to her. The only reason that I discovered she had an infection in both ears was because she woke up last Thursday morning with icky green mucus coming out of her nose. It looked like the blob. I took her to the doctor on Friday and that is when I was told of her condition. I am ashamed to report that she had been congested for a week. Why didn't I take her to the doctor? Because I didn't want to bother anyone. But she is much better now.

The moral of the story. I pay for health insurance so I need to use it. Especially for my little one.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Dana:

Sweetie, you're a mother not a doctor and ear infections don't show outwardly, don't beat yourself up. You're doing great as a mommy!

Love, Anutie Nita