Monday, February 19, 2007

Bedtime Games

By now, one would think that NyCee has her bedtime routine down to a science. After dinner about 5:30 or 6:00p.m. she plays for about a couple of hours to release any remaining pinned up energy. At 8:00 or 8:30p.m she gets her bath and I let her play in the tub for a few more minutes to use up any energy that she did not use during play time. Then she gets a warm bottle of milk and she is off to sleeptown around 9:15p.m.

Why is that when she gets out of the tub she has more energy than before she went in? Isn't a warm bath suppose to calm her down and prepare her for sleepy town? Instead, she decides to play peek-a-boo 20 times.

And her father does not help the situation by encouraging her to play. Honestly, some days, I think I have two kids!

2 comments:

Undomestic said...

Melvin is really good about getting the kids all wild right before bed as well. Of course, I'm the one who actually puts them to bed, so I suffer the consequences!!!
But Nycee looks irresistable. I think I'd have to play with her too.

Anonymous said...

Dayna:

Johnson makes a line of bath, baby oil, etc. all scented in lavendar. Try them, not only do they smell good, but they do have a calming effect.

Love,
Auntie Nita