Saturday, February 03, 2007

Unpreparedness

Of all the qualities and gifts that I could have inherited from my mother, I inherited her gift of procrastination. I have a 12 page paper titled, "How U.S. Foreign Policy Impacts A Start-up Foreign Business Venture" due by 11:59p.m. on Sunday. If you just said, "What is she talking about?" to yourself, imagine how I felt when I downloaded the information from my professor. I have known about this paper for two weeks, yet I chose to wait until the night before it is due to start drafting it.

It took nearly 7 hours but I finished. Thankfully, Lewis was home to watch my little tater tot or I don't know how I would have completed the assignment. Also, I have been taking Benadryl for my cold. It's shocking that I am still awake. I have been popping those pills like gummy bears.

I voted against emailing the paper tonight as I need to proof-read it again to make sure that it makes sense. When will I ever learn to not put off until tomorrow what I can accomplish today?

No comments: