Friday, February 23, 2007

Too Quiet

NyCee is with Lewis tonight enjoying his favorite past time. You guessed it! Bowling. When I came home from work it was so quiet. Eerily quiet actually. Most women would jump at a chance like this. No husband or child to look after. Tonight, it's all about me. Well, the only problem is this is the first of many nights like this one. NyCee is with Lewis for the next 10 days. 10 whole days will pass before I see my little girl again.

What am I going to do for the next 10 days? Homework. Lots and Lots of homework. No party over here! I am approaching the 8th week of the 11 week semester. I miss them terribly but really need this time alone. Does that make me a bad mom and wife?

I nearly cried when they boarded the plane. But I was strong and kept my composure. I am sure they are having a blast.

P.S. So that everyone can stay abreast of NyCee's antics, including me, I taught Lewis how to use the digital camera and send me the pictures via email.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are NOT a bad Mom. You know how I know? I know, because so far you've done a GREAT job helping me raise Deven and anyone with the insight to see into a teenagers mind has to know a little bit about what she's doing. Just look at how Great Deven has turned out. He's the best son ever and you're the one that has been there for me during all of his bleakest moments. You are an excellent Mom, just look at your role model, you have the worlds greatest Mom(besides mine) that ever lived. It's too late to doubt yourself, don't torture yourself by asking such a horrible question. Anyone that KNOWS you, knows you are a top notch Mom. You love your daughter to death and a little distance can never come beween that. Besides, this is not forever. God willing, you will all be together permanently very shortly. Keep your chin up. The time will pass faster than you think. Seriously, doen't ever say you're a bad Mom again. No one would ever think that of you.