Monday, February 05, 2007

The Tables Have Turned

Well, NyCee is approaching 11 months and it is time to start the process of weaning her off of breast milk. On average, she has been awesome with adjustments. She can be a little stubborn with some things but she's 10 months old, how stubborn am I really going to let her be? For the most part, it is involving snack time. She may want a butter cookie but I am feeding her fruit. Or she wants me to pick her up and I have decided that she needs to play with her toys. But the last few nights, it has truly been a battle of the wills. (My cousin is experiencing the same thing with a couple of her little ones.)

Normally, NyCee gets a warm bath and I nurse her to sleep. Well, last week when I was away on business she was with Lewis and he told me that she went to sleep just fine without nursing. He just gave her a bottle and she was out like a light. Wouldn't it be nice if she did the same with me? The past couple of nights have been brutal. Normally, if she wakes up, then I just give her a boobie and she goes back to sleep. Well, I have been trying not to do that. I even brought a bottle of water with the formula on the side up to the bedroom to avoid going downstairs to make the bottle. She pushes that away, turns her head, and starts nuzzling and pulling on my shirt.

I use to brag about how even as an infant she slept through the night. Now that she is getting older, getting her to sleep through the night is more challenging. Honestly, look at me. Do I look like I can take much more?

This was me at 2:30am. I finally got her to sleep but this is torture on me. Maybe she should just nurse until she goes to college. That way, I can return to getting peaceful nights of slumber.

2 comments:

Undomestic said...

Hang in there Dayna! I applaud you for nursing Nycee. And now you'll get her weaned. Sometimes it just takes a few nights, and then all will be fine. All I can say is hang in there, and my prayers are with you!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Cari--
You have been a great support. Thank you for answering my emails with the crazy questions. I will let you know how it goes.

You hang in there too w/Cameron and the Mohawk situation. HA!