Thursday, March 29, 2007

Got Fuel?

A few days ago, I told Lewis that the truck had been studdering a little when I would apply the brake. Lewis stated that he would check it out to determine if we need to get the truck tuned up or not.

Yesterday, while driving on the freeway during rush hour traffic, the car cut off twice. I shifted to neutral and restarted the car.

Dayna: "See L.J. this is what it was doing last week."
Lewis: "I don't know why it is doing that. The car has never done that before."
Dayna: "I don't know either. Maybe we should have it serviced."
Lewis: "The gas hand looks low from here."
As he glances over from the passenger's seat."
Dayna: "It doesn't need gas. The light is not on. There is plenty of gas. It just under a quarter of a tank."
Lewis: "Did it ever occur to you that the light may not be working?"
Dayna: "It works because it will illuminate when the tank is low."
Lewis: "Get off and get some gas as I will not be walking with my baby because you think we can keep going."


I pulled off at the next exit and into a gas station, filled up the tank, and rolled on. While pulling out of the gas station, I was attempting to adjust the sun visor and hit myself in the head with it. Lewis exclaimed, "You are so goofy!"

After about 10 minutes of driving I hear, "Amazing what a little gas can do. The car has not studdered or cut off since putting fuel in it."
You know my motto: "If the light ain't on, we can continue to roll!"

No comments: