Friday, March 16, 2007

Unfortunate Mis-hap

So today, I was out running errands and needed to go to the bank. It was approximately 5:30p. I pull up to the ATM in preparation to deposit the check that I had. Well, Bank of America has these fancy new ATM's that you can make a deposit without the envelope. I have used them before. They are pretty cool. Your receipt shows the image of the check you deposited. So I am not new to the machine or how it works.

I pull up to the drive thru ATM, insert my card, select deposit check and when the slot opened, I inserted my check. I paused, only to discover that the machine captured my check. It tried to spit it out several times but it got stuck in the machine. I could see it so I grabed a paperclip and tried to get it out. (I know what you are thinking. Why did she have a paperclip in the car? Was it for such a time as this?) Moving on, the machine thought that I was doing something naughty to it and closed the little door on my check. So I retrieved my card and pulled off discouraged. I parked the truck and went inside to the branch and explained what happened. I was advised what to do so that the check will be credited to my account. It will take about 3-5 business days but no big deal.

The irony to the story is that I used the drive up ATM because I thought the bank was closed due to the time I attempted the transaction. I forgot that it was Friday and most banks stay open until 6:00p.m.

No comments: