Sunday, March 11, 2007

Oh, how stupid!

I cooked shrimp scampi and if you have ever had shrimp scampi then you know that the sauce looks alot like melted margarine. So after eating dinner, I was cleaning the kitchen and poured the sauce into what I thought was the trash bag.

The next morning, I lifted the bag out of the trash bin in preparation for disposal only to find that scampi sauce was in the bottom of the can and not the trash bag. Immediately, I took the entire trash can out to the dumpster. As I was hurling it into the bin, I thought to myself, "Self. Why didn't you just remove the trash bag and wash out the trash can?" Myself answered, "Because that would have been the most logical choice."

That actually happened about two weeks ago. Why am I telling this story now? Because I am still without a trash can and have been to a Kmart, Walmart, or Target I don't know how many times. But each time, I walk out with everything but a trash can.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thats typical. Anything that you need the most is what you least likely remember to get!!