Thursday, April 24, 2008

Escape Hatch

While I recognize that it has been two years since I have changed a newborn diaper, I don't think it should be difficult to strap the thing on my son's bottom to hold ALL liquids in place.

For the last couple of days, every time I pick him up in the morning (around 6a is his normal wake up time. I will take it considering that he only wakes up once during the night most of the time.) the side of his pajamas are soaking wet. I thought he was sweating but it is pee-pee. Then today, his poop traveled all the way up his back. I have no idea how that happened. If I strap the diaper on any tighter, I will cut offthe circulation to his legs.

I guess I will get the hang of the "mommy to a little boy" thing soon.

2 comments:

Undomestic said...

I had that same pee problem with Max. But the poop up the back I constantly had with Ella. Go figure!

I can't believe Tyler is sleeping so well. That's awesome!

And how are you doing?

Anonymous said...

Ok, the deal with boys is that you have to ensure that the peepee is pointed down. It took me many wet clothes to understand this now the poo up the back is a different story.

Love ~ Allie