Monday, April 14, 2008

Little Miss Talkative



Since turning two years old nearly a month ago, NyCee has been talking up a storm. My gosh! Although she is talking more, I am pleased with how well she is developing. She can count to four. (That may have something to do with the 1-2-3 behavior modification technique that I use sometimes. Actually, it's 1-2 as I do not say "3." She responds on 1 or 2.) She also can recognize her shapes and attempts to say them. She says, "Grandma, Granddad, Ti-Ti, All better, All finished, Don't want it, potty, Mocha, Dora Cookies, Grapes," and my personal favorite: "Mommy come here."

The one challenge lately is that she has stopped saying, "please" when asking for something. Part of that may be from going to daycare. But when I ask her, "How do you ask for something?" She replies, "peez." Also, in the last couple of days she has been saying, "uh-uh" instead of "No Ma'am and "Yep" in place of "Yes Ma'am." Again, something I am sure she picked up from daycare.

But all in all, she is developing right on schedule.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

april 14th - Your Packages is all taped UP and ready for Michigan - I'm going to mail it tommorow - it should arrive on Saturday - hope all is well - Your Blog pic of NyCee are to cute - her face is really changing to a little girl AHH - Autumn