Sunday, April 13, 2008

Obstructed View

Because my son has yet to make his debut, my huge belly has left me no choice but to walk around with legs so hairy I look like I belong on Planet of the Apes.


In an effort to rectify this problem, I attempted to shave my legs while in the shower. There are two major problems with that:

1. I am near-sighted so my distance vision is distorted with out my glasses or contact lenses. And

2. My huge belly makes it darn near impossible to see my legs while standing.

I tried to put my legs up on the wall of the shower (not a good idea when soap is present and no slip guard is on the shower floor). After several nicks, cuts and scrapes, I abandoned the idea of shaving.

I can't really blame Ty for this. I just didn't want to go to the hospital with hairy legs and that be the focal point of the day. I could just hear the snickers: "Why didn't that nut shave her legs? She knew she could be coming to the hospital at anytime to her baby. Gross!" I mean honestly. Who wants to endure that type of humiliation. Now that I have 700 bandages all over my legs. The next conversation will be, "Why did this nut try to shave her legs at 10 months pregnant? No one cares about her hairy legs."

Vanity!

No comments: