Friday, December 05, 2008

A Full Week Completed

This was my first FULL week of working full-time. I started the job on a Tuesday and my second week was Thanksgiving week. Wednesday the schedule caught up with my body. I sat down on the couch for a moment to try and get some energy and woke up to the sound of my phone alerting.

I told myself that I would lay down for about 2 hours to re-charge and then wake up to complete my schoolwork. When I woke up it was 500a--time to rise and shine. So needless to say, I was pretty pooped.

Work is progressing well. I really like the job. The atmosphere is very comfortable and my VP even commented that I fit right in as if I had been there all the time. I think the way cases are processed is a little odd but hey, I just go with it. For example, when I conclude an investigation, I have to get VP approval before I can issue discipline. That is strange to me. Discharge, yes. Discipline, I should have the authority to execute. But again, whatever!

I have been working for 12 days and have managed to close 4 cases, administer one discharge, process 3 written warnings and 1 termination warning. WOW! It's like riding a bicycle. Once you learn, you never forget how to do it.

As for the kids, NyCee is talking more and more everyday. She is a funny little girl with the comments she makes. She has learned a new phrase, "Good stuff Mommy!" (I wonder where she picked up that statement.-HA!)



Tyler is getting big and finally sleeping in his own bed all night. When he goes to sleep at 730p, he is in his bed. But when he wakes up around 1230p or so, I would just put him in the bed with me so that I could go back to sleep. BAD! BAD! I know but hey, I am doing the best I can.

The pile of laundry was finally ironed and put away. Of course, a new pile is in it's place. Only 2 weeks of school remaining. Of course, my Internet has been hit or miss this week. I am so far behind on my school work this week because I can't log into class. The work will be completed, the final grades posted, and my degree conferred. So, as I like to say, "no worries."

No comments: