Monday, December 15, 2008

Step 1

Saturday, I took the night off from my weekend job to grocery shop and pick up the kids' Christmas items. Everything went very smoothly and I did not wait in any long lines.

I found a Christmas tree at Kmart for $40. So last night after church, I put the kids to bed and put the tree together. I thought it would be a nice surprise for NyCee when she woke up this morning. And it was. (Side thought: She was in my room yesterday looking for her house slippers and discovered her Dora table and chairs set under my bed. She bounced up and exclaimed, "Mommy, Dora. Dora. Can I play with Dora?" Of course, I had to play it off as if I didn't know what she was talking about. Thankfully, she has forgotten about it.)

Anyway, returning to the story. NyCee has made a couple of Christmas Tree ornaments at church and has been asking to put them on the tree for days. So I told her we would decorate the tree when she came home from "school." I even remembered to call my father this morning and ask how to put the lights on the tree.

We arrived home and sat down to dinner. Before receiving her after dinner treat, NyCee decided she would have a tantrum. As the consequence for that decision, she did not recieve her treat and we were unable to decorate the tree as I will not reward or tolerate bad behavior. So, we will try to get the tree decorated on Thursday. I managed to complete the first two tasks: out of the box and assembled.




I think it a really cute tree for $40. It's nice and full. You can not see the stick in the middle. I am sure it will be fabulous when it's decorated.

No comments: