Monday, June 26, 2006

Down but not out

Today has been an interesting day. I received some news which I anticipated but the reality of it was a little like "WOW!" so this is it. It caused me to remember a sermon that I heard Joel Olsteen preach on television. He stated that we have the power to decide whether or not we will accept the negative things in life or whether we will turn the negative experiences into a positive. On the surface, that seems simple. But when you are faced with the situation, it takes a lot of courage to look at the problem and declare that you will not be defeated by it.

We have all heard the cliche' "when one door closes another door opens." I believe that is true. I had to make a decision. Either stand and stare at the closed door or look for another way to get to the expected end. I decided to look for the trap door. I am looking for great things to happen for me. Today's blog is meant to encourage not only me but someone else who is facing challenges and looking at a closed door.

"For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace and not evil to give you an expected end." Jeremiah 29:11

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Stay encouraged Dayna. The best is yet to come! I'm looking forward to seeing the better future that God has for you!