Thursday, June 22, 2006

Success...it's within reach

Last night Lewis walked upstairs into my bedroom with Ny-Cee when she fell asleep. I asked him to place her in her crib in her bedroom just to see what would happen. She laid in the bed for about an hour and then began to cry. I picked her up and rocked her back to sleep.

As I stood up and began walking to her bedroom, Lewis stated that I should just lay her down in our bed and go to sleep. But I decided against that and I placed her in the crib in her room.

About 5:00a.m. I heard her faint cries and whimpers. I went into the room, picked her up, changed the diaper, and of course laid her in the bed next to me. The positive to this is that she slept in her bed from about 12:45 a.m. until 5:00 a.m. I am making progress. I even brought her pack 'n play bassinet downstairs to use during the day. Hopefully, she will adjust soon and begin sleeping in her own bed. If at first you don't succeed, try, try, try, try, try, try again!

No comments: