Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Oh Happy Day!

Today was a normal day. Nothing exciting took place. I woke up this morning, took the baby to the daycare, completed my homework assignments and cleaned the house. Why is this blog titled “Oh Happy Day” you ask? Because I realized that no matter what obstacles come my way, I am truly, truly blessed beyond measure. I have a beautiful home, a wonderful husband and a little darling of a daughter who is the light of my life. My career is headed on the path that I desire and Jesus gave me another day to enjoy these things.

Let us take the time to appreciate and enjoy what we have. Yes, we should strive to achieve goals. But let us not neglect the items over which we are stewards.

“But seek (aim at and strive after) first of all His kingdom and His righteousness (His way of doing and being right) and then all these things taken together will be given you. So do not worry or be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will have worries and anxieties of its own." Matthew 6:33-34 amp
Casting the whole of your care (all your anxieties, all your worries, all your concerns, once and for all) on Him, for He cares for you affectionately and cares about you watchfully." 1 Peter 5:7 amp

3 comments:

Just Me said...

This (a thankful attitutde) is what God desires of us. However, we benefit even more because with this kind of attitude comes that peace that surpasses all understanding.
I didn't read yesterday, so here are my yesterday's blog comments:
1. Yeah! where are the pics of the cake?
2. Give Trish my email and tell her to send me her address. I can overnight some ribs. I remember how much her son enjoyed them. Don't get excited Tarisa (lol), I have your address already. Daddy said he's going to barbeque when he comes back from MN. I'm buying some extra slabs to send you guys. Dayna have the potato salad king to hook you up. I have to tell Roz she has some competition (smile).
Kiss my grandbaby for me.

Anonymous said...

How is it that one entry can have me laughing and thinking how goofy you are and another have tears well in my eyes? This entry, as well as, the one you posted on June 26th have really touched me. Thank you for reminding me to not take the blessings God has seen fit to bestow upon me for granted. After reading this entry I took some time out to reflect on the many blessing God has granted me (Yes thoughts of you came to mind), and I agree, "Oh Happy Day!"
PS. Mom, you're too good to me. Every once in a while Deven brings up how he loves Grand Daddy's ribs, he would be thrilled to get a care package from you, but please don't feel as if it's necessary, as much as we loved them we wouldn't want to put you through any trouble.

Anonymous said...

Hey.
While the post was very nice and inspiring, I was even more inspired once I got to the comment section... I'll be waiting on those ribs Ma(LOL)!