Sunday, June 25, 2006

One Year Ago

One year ago on this date, I became Mrs. Lewis J. Thompson, Jr. It seems like only yesterday that I was planning my wedding and now it has come and gone. The past year has been a year of significant change, most notably, the birth of my daughter Taylor. She is by far the most precious gift that God has ever given to me.

Lewis and I did not do anything exciting today. We went to church this morning, came home and took a nap. Lewis had to work this afternoon. I really don’t know what one should do on a 1st anniversary. It is significant as many individuals do not make it this far. Our year has been a year of adjustments, change, and growth. I’m just glad that he no longer wears outside shoes in the house. Lewis asked what I wanted for my anniversary—I replied “Whatever!” Honestly, I just want more years of growth, development, love, peace and joy. I want to grow old together, watch the children grow up, and enjoy evening walks and sunsets. Simplicity and happiness--that’s all I really want.

3 comments:

Undomestic said...

What a nice post. What a year you've had! Happy Anniversary.

Anonymous said...

That was nice and simple. Happy Anniversary!! Did yall at least eat the cake from your wedding? Isn't that something you are supposed to do?

Just Me said...

Happy Anniversary! I hope you have many, many, many more.