Sunday, June 04, 2006

Smiles and Smiles to go!

To watch the development of a child is by far one of the most amazing phenomenons on earth. There are times when I sit down and think about human development and wonder how anyone can go through life and not believe in the Almighty God—Jehovah the Creative One.

Since Ny-Cee has come home from the hospital she has changed so much. She has lost that newborn look and really developed her features. A few weeks ago she began attempting to hold her head up and smiling. It is absolutely amazing to see that toothless grin that lasts about 3-4 seconds but remains vivid in your mind for hours.

When I took Ny-Cee to Michigan about three (3) weeks ago, she met her cousins for the first time. They immediately took to her. My niece would play with her every chance that she had and Ny-Cee would just smile and smile. I would reach for the camera and instantly she would stop smiling. This went on for weeks. Now she has started making noises with her smiles as if she is laughing. Lewis would coax her into this mood and as soon as I get the camera ready she would stop. Well my patience paid off!

How can anyone resist that face? She is going to have dimples just like her father.

3 comments:

Just Me said...

I just love these pictures. My granddaughter is adorable! I haven't read your blog for a few days so I just read "A Mother's Touch". Reading it brought tears to my eyes. I'm glad you enjoyed our recent morning together as much as I did. You will never know how much it meant to me to have all my children home and close to me again. I love you so much. Thank you for starting this blog site and for being a wonderful daughter.
Love Mama

Anonymous said...

Dayna!

The pictures are so sweet! Ny-cee is just gorgeous! And it is so wonderful, and comical to hear you gush about her. I love it!

Auntie Nita

Anonymous said...

I love your website. It has a lot of great pictures and is very informative.
»