Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Again, I wait...

Well, I had my interview today for the Employee Relations Consultant position. I think that it went well. I was much more relaxed and the questions were straight forward rather than behaviorial based. There was one scenrio that I had to read and give my opinion of how I would handle the situation.

The environment was warm and inviting and I actually felt comfortable while waiting. The office is about 20 minutes from my house but I can take the surface streets to avoid traffic. The downside is the hours are 8a-5p Monday thru Friday. I would rather work 7a-4p so that I can have a little more time in the evenings. But that is a minor issue.

While in that interview, I received a voice mail message about another position. When I spoke with the manager of that company later that afternoon, he scheduled an interview with me for Thursday (which I will be re-scheduling due to a conflict.) It is reassuring to know that God has this all under control. I am blessed with two really great part-time jobs that do not conflict with one another nor do they tire me out. I would really like to get the job I interviewed for today. I could see myself working there. That company will help me fill in the gaps in my resume which will lead to my director or vp position.

But for now, once again, I wait...............


13 [What, what would have become of me] had I not believed that I would see the Lord's goodness in the land of the living!

14 Wait and hope for and expect the Lord; be brave and of good courage and let your heart be stout and enduring. Yes, wait for and hope for and expect the Lord.

Psalm 27:13-14

No comments: