Friday, October 31, 2008

Decisions, Decisions, Decisions

The interview process for the Employee Relations Consultant position is complete. Initially, I didn't think that I wanted the position because I was content to work two jobs for now. Even though I will still work the part-time job at my church on Saturday nights, I really want the position. It is an opportunity to develop my knowledge and exercise my decision making abilities while advancing my career.

The panel interview consisted of three (3) individuals currently serving in different roles in the company but each began their careers in the role for which I applied. Next was a writing sample issuing a disciplinary letter for an individual whose attendance record continued to decline. (In theory, this should have been a breeze but it has been over two years (2) since I have actually written one of these letters. I had to pull the information out of my subconscious!) Finally, I met with the director. She was a very nice lady. A little spacey. She reminded me of my former VP. She advised that background checks must be completed before an offer of employment is presented as the company does not extend offers contingent on the clearance of background checks. Collectively, the initial phone interview, the first-face-to-face with the two Employee Relations Managers (one of whom left the room during the interview and returned when it ended), the panel interview, and the interview with the director, will determine if an offer is extended.

That about sums up my afternoon yesterday. Additionally, I scheduled an interview for Monday with a different company but after much thought, I have decided to cancel the meeting. The company is over 40 minutes away, one way. Further, the position does not offer any growth opportunity.

So, here I am again: waiting..............................

The Lord is my Shepard. I shall not want. Psalm 23: 1

1 comment:

Undomestic said...

Wow, so much going on for you! I pray for success in getting a position that works for your family.