Monday, October 20, 2008

The Flutist



For the past several days, NyCee has been walking around the house playing her "flute." Which of course are highlighters clipped together. What amazed me is: 1. she actually knows the colors of each highlighter. She said, "Look Mommy. Pink, orange, yellow. I play the flute." And then she starts to hum a little tune. The second thing is that she is recalling an episode of Dora the Explorer. She can nearly replay the entire episode out loud. The little tune that she hums is what Dora hummed while playing her flute.

NyCee even uses Spanish words, in the correct context, on several occasions. That little girl is so smart. I was thinking that next year I will get her involved in some sort of activity. Either playing an instrument or sports. I think I want to get her involved in swimming or gymnastics.

No comments: