Friday, October 24, 2008

Heck of a Week

"If God gives such attention to the appearance of wildflowers—most of which are never even seen—don't you think he'll attend to you, take pride in you, do his best for you? What I'm trying to do here is to get you to relax, to not be so preoccupied with getting, so you can respond to God's giving. People who don't know God and the way he works fuss over these things, but you know both God and how he works. Steep your life in God-reality, God-initiative, God-provisions. Don't worry about missing out. You'll find all your everyday human concerns will be met. Matthew 6:30-33 The Message

I began my new job on Monday and this has been a long week. As I sit here writing a blog entry, instead of working on my ECON Excel project, I was just thinking about how truly blessed I am.

While grocery shopping alone (the kids were at daycare) and singing and dancing up and down the aisles, I received a call to schedule a face-to-face interview next week for a position as an Employee Relations Consultant with a fairly prominent company here in the Valley of the Sun. Lately, I have had more calls about jobs "than a little bit" (that is phrase I learned from my cousin while living in Atlanta.- HA!) But why have the interviews starting pouring in? Because I followed Jesus' advice in Matthew 6:33. I stopped seeking for a job and started seeking after Him. All my needs and wants are met.

The kids have adjusted to their daycare very well. I knew that NyCee would be okay but Tyler took a couple of days to grow accustom to the new arrangement. But working this week has afforded me the opportunity to really stop and think about a full-time job. Right now, I get off at 2:00p and by the time I pick up the kids, get home, cook dinner, read stories, give baths, and goodnight kisses at 7:30p, I am pooped. My job is only 10 minutes away and the kids daycare is down the street from my job (about 5-6 mins). After all of that, I have to sit down at my computer and attempt to complete my school assignments before 10:00p so that I can shower and get some sleep. So now, I am trying to figure out if a full-time job is worth all of that right now.

So that was the "WAHOO" part of my week. The "boy that sucks" part is that I failed one part of my CDL exam so I have to return to the MVD (Motor Vehicle Division) next Friday and retake it. It was a four part exam and I failed the one part by one question. ALWAYS GO WITH YOUR FIRST THOUGHT! But it's okay. I will zip thru it next time.

Back to the excel project.....


But when He, the Spirit of Truth (the Truth-giving Spirit) comes, He will guide you into all the Truth (the whole, full Truth). For He will not speak His own message [on His own authority]; but He will tell whatever He hears [from the Father; He will give the message that has been given to Him], and He will announce and declare to you the things that are to come [that will happen in the future]. John 16:13 Amplified Bible

No comments: