Monday, September 24, 2007

Bedtime Challenge

Okay, so my daughter is no longer on the bottle. WAHOO!! YIPEE!!

WHATEVER! Because now, she is not going to sleep until 9:00 or 9:30p.m. What is up with that? (Her Tesa's answer is that she is not sleepy so I should just let her stay up. I think NOT!)

The routine has not changed. She gets a bath at 7:30, we read our bedtime bible story, she has a cup of milk, and then she should go to sleep. YEA, NO! She whines and whimpers, and tosses and turns, and laughs and get out the bed several times.

At this point, I am just ready to give her a bottle of water if it means she will be sleep by 8:30p.m. She is cutting into my "Happy Silence" time.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dayna:

Does she take a nap in the afternoon? If so, what time and for how long? Maybe that can be adjusted! Good luck!!! I feel your frustration!

Love you much,
Auntie Nita

Anonymous said...

P.S. to my previous comment:

MORE PICTURES!!!

Love you much,
Auntie Nita

wiferhood said...

Aunt Nita,
I thought about the fact that her nap time may be too long. She naps from 1200-2000p. I am thinking of adjusting it down to maybe just an hour or hour and half.

Not to worry, more pictures are coming!!!!

Undomestic said...

Oh, Ella has been a bear at bedtime as well. She now stands in her cribs and screams over and over, while also throwing her pillow blankets and everything else out of her crib. She does it with such force and anger. Last night I took her out after 30 minutes of yelling and let her watch a show briefly, then had to rock her to sleep. Tonight, Melvin had just gotten home and rocked her. A bad habbit we're starting. But it's odd that my little girl who used to just lie down contently is so now angrily resistant!

Good luck with Nycee!