Thursday, September 06, 2007

Save Lids to Save Lives


Every year, Yoplait yogurt and the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation team up in an effort to raise money and awareness for breast cancer. As many of you know, my cousin Cari found out that she has breast cancer. She is scheduled to undergo a mastectomy of her left breast on Friday, September 7, 2007. Cari is 34 years old, a wife, and mother of three.

I have two friends whose mothers are breast cancer survivors and one aunt who lost her battle with the horrible disease. I know that we have our favorite brands of items but please take the time to support Yoplait in this cause. I have for years. It's simple. Just buy Yoplait yogurt with the pink lids, wash the lids and collect them until the expiration date. There is no need to mail them in every week. The lids are being collected until 12/31/2007. The foundation will contribute 10 cents for every lid received for breast cancer research.

Every contribution will make a difference. Thank you for your support.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dayna:

I didn't know that! I don't eat yogurt myself, but Kayla loves it! So, from now on instead of looking for the yogurt that's on sale, I will buy Yoplait. Kudos to you, for being active in this battle!

Much love to you, and Nycee
Auntie Nita