Tuesday, September 18, 2007

More and More Independent

In an effort to combat my desire to give NyCee a bottle to stop her whining at night, I have hidden the bottles in the garage. Instead, I have decided to put into practice an idea from my Grandma Martha. She suggested that I give NyCee a cup because it will make her feel like a "big girl."

So tonight, after bathtime I gave her a cup of warm milk while we read a bible story. After the story, I turned off the light and she whined and whimpered for a few moments, gave several good nights kisses and smiles, then she gave in and went to sleep.



I have realized that my reluctance to let go of NyCee's bottle was for me. It seems that she is growing up so fast that I want to slow down the process. I was the same when it was time for her to stop nursing. The more independent she grows, the less she will need me. I just want her to remain that little girl in her exersaucer forever. I guess that is only in my memory now.

No comments: