Thursday, September 20, 2007

"Smooches to all my adorning fans."



The weather in Michigan has been unseasonable warm. So I decided to take advantage of it. NyCee and I went to the beach which is about a 15 minute walk from my parents house. Initially, I wanted her to run through the sand and put her feet in the water as she has never been to the beach. (She generally goes to the pool when we are in ATL.) But she put one foot in the sand and clung on to me for dear life. No matter what I tried, she would not get down and put her other foot in the sand. Needless to say, we did not make it any where near the water.

We then resorted to plan b which was playing on the jungle jim and basically letting her run around to burn off any energy that may try to rear its ugly head at bedtime. She ended up loving the swing. She smiled and laughed as the wind blew across her face every time she went forward and backward. Of course, it was a challenge getting her off the swing when it was time to go home.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dayna:

Was that her first time on a swing!!? You mean you didn't have one of those indoor gizmos that tick while the baby is swinging and drives you crazy!!? She did look real happy (even though you had to stop pushing her to take the pics). Was the sand too hot or something? That's usually why I don't want to put my feet on it.

Love you much,
Auntie Nita