Saturday, September 01, 2007

Summertime Scar

Well, it was bound to happen sooner or later. I was hoping for much, much later but nonetheless, here it is.....

NyCee's first summertime wound. While playing outside, she was running after her toy and tripped on a crack in the ground. She fell on her face and scratched the area above her eye. It is very obvious as everyone who sees her asks, "What happened?" I attempted to explain how she fell but I still get the "look" as if I had something to do with her fall.

I was sitting on the porch reading and she was clearly in my view. The next thing I knew, I heard the screams and shrieks of pain. Her granny came running out of the garage asking what happened. Everyday, her granny picks up her and kisses her boo-boo.

I know that I am being silly and over dramatic about the scar but I didn't think that her first scar would be so obvious. Why couldn't it be on the knee like most wounds which are easy to hide?

No comments: