Monday, September 17, 2007

Breakfast at Grandma's House

My mother is a candy-a-holic. She could eat candy all day-every day. Normally, NyCee is not given candy. My mother knows this. Before NyCee was a thought, I told my mother that my children will not eat candy. Well all that has changed since being at grandma's house. NyCee has had more sugar in the past month than she has had her entire life.

This morning I walked into the kitchen and saw my mother giving NyCee a piece of candy. It was 9:45am. Granted, she had breakfast around 8:30a.m. but honestly! And I asked, "Ma, why are you giving her candy at 9:45a?" "Because she wanted it," she innocently replied. Well I guess it's okay as long as NyCee wanted it. WRONG! My mother's rebuttal, "The candy hasn't hurt her and it's okay to have candy at grandma's house because that's what grandma's are for."

1 comment:

Undomestic said...

Your mom gives candy.

My mom lets the kids stay up late.

Both with disasterous effects.

But aren't those grandmas wonderful...really. I love when my mom is around..what a huge help she is, as I'm sure Aunt Sylvia is as well.