Thursday, September 13, 2007

That's all folks!

After spending three (3) years at a two (2) year community college and twelve (12) years at various four (4) year institutions across the country, I am proud to announce that I have completed the requirements necessary for my Bachelor of Business Administration degree with a concentration in Human Resources Management.

WOW! I have had many adventures along the way and seen wonderful sights in this country and others. While I would not trade-in my years as a flight attendant, I have recognized that it would have been much smarter to complete my formal education before chasing that dream.

I will start graduate school on October 1, 2007 and will begin looking for work soon. I know that many people are wondering where I am going to move next. I don't know yet. I have a couple of places in mind but wherever I go, I must be sure that NyCee will continue to flourish and be afforded a good education. It is no secret that I HATE LIVING IN ATLANTA and often times say that I wish I had never gone there. Lately, I have realized that I can't regret that decision because that path led to Tater Bean and friends whom it would not have met otherwise. But now that she is here, there is no need to continue to torture myself by living in a place I can't stand and am miserable. Enough of that--moving on.

I will not receive my diploma for several weeks but it was great to turn in the final assignments and see the final credit total posted.

GPA: 3.8
Honors: Dean's List and Magna Cum Laude graduate

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Dayna!

I am so proud of you!!! I know it couldn't have been easy! I'm sure you'll do just as well (or better!)in your next endeavor. Keep the faith, and be encouraged!

Love you much,
Auntie Nita

Anonymous said...

We are so proud of you.

Love ~ Mallie and Alison

Undomestic said...

Congrats! Congrats! Congrats! Who cares how long it took you. It took me 6 years to get my masters. The work is the same. And I think when you spread it out, you actually learn more, because you have less to focus on at one time. Good for you! You did it!